Last updated 11/27/2021.
These policies will continue to be updated and changed based on rates of COVID-19 in our community and based on recommendations and requirements from health officials.
Is the trainer I’m working with vaccinated?
The only trainer you’d be working with through Wiggles and Woofs is the owner, Jen Gumas. Jen is grateful to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and she has also received a booster.
What is the current COVID-19 policy for Wiggles and Woofs?
- You must Jen know before an in-person session if you or anyone in your household has had signs of illness within the past 10 days, even if everyone is fully vaccinated.
- You must let Jen know before an in-person session if you have had a known exposure to COVID-19 within the past 10 days, even if you are fully vaccinated.
- You are always able to receive a refund for any deposits paid if you are feeling ill and you have provided a reasonable amount of notice before your session. If you wake up feeling ill, please contact Jen right away. She is happy to make an exception to the 48 hour cancellation policy and allow you to retain your deposit when rescheduling, or we can keep your appointment time and have a virtual session if you prefer.
- Sessions will be immediately cancelled for clients who show up to an appointment with visible signs of illness or who are unable to follow the guidelines below, and no refund will be provided. Thank you for your cooperation in keeping everyone safe and lowering the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
Policies for outdoor, in-person sessions
- At this time, masks are required at in-person sessions for everyone in attendance. This rule will continue to be updated based on COVID-19 transmission in our community and as new information becomes available about the omicron variant.
- The mask must cover both your mouth and nose and remain in place for the entire session.
- If you forget your mask, Jen will provide one for you.
- Exceptions to the mask policy will be made for children under the age of 3. If possible, making childcare arrangements is a great idea for young children so that your dog can have your undivided attention during training sessions.
- If you have members of your household over age 3 who wish to attend the session but cannot wear a mask, please schedule a virtual session instead.
Policies for indoor, in-person sessions
- By default, in-person sessions are occurring outdoors. Outdoor sessions are preferred at this time because they lower the risk of COVID-19 transmission for everyone present.
- Indoor, in-person sessions will only be available to clients where everyone attending the session is fully vaccinated. Exceptions will be made for children under 5 years of age.
- Please note that sessions will not take place indoors if proof of vaccination cannot be provided. Sending proof of vaccination via text or email at least 24 hours before the session is preferred. Showing proof of vaccination at the start of our session before we move indoors is also acceptable.
- Masks will be required for all people attending an indoor training session, regardless of vaccination status. The mask must cover both your mouth and nose and remain in place for the entire session. Exceptions will be made for children under 3 years of age.
- If you have members of your household who would like to attend the session but cannot be vaccinated, prefer not to disclose vaccination status, prefer not to show proof of vaccination, or cannot wear masks, please schedule a virtual/video session.
- Virtual/video sessions are always available and can accomplish the same goals as in-person, indoor sessions.
How can I ask questions or find out more?
You can contact us here to find out more.