Let Wiggles and Woofs Come to You!
With private training, Jen will meet with you and your dog at your home, a park, or another suitable location.
Effective Help for a Wide Variety of Canine Concerns
Jen has experience helping clients with a wide array of training and behavior issues, including:
- Reactivity (lunging, barking, or growling)
- Fear of the vet or groomers
- Discomfort with handling and grooming
- Overcoming fear of noises, people, places, or things
- Resource guarding
- Basic manners and foundation skills
- Socialization (for puppies and adults)
- Leash manners
- Recall (coming when called)
- Dog-dog introductions and interactions
Training Plans that are Easy to Understand
Recognizing that all humans and all dogs are individuals, Jen believes in customizing training plans to meet the needs of both people and their pets. Training plans are written in language that is easy to understand, and often include supplementary visuals and videos. Jen believes that the relationship between dog owners and trainers should be one of ongoing support. If questions arise, help is an email or phone call away.
Initial Behavior Consultation
An Initial Behavior Consultation is approximately 60 minutes in length and includes:
- Gathering information about your pet’s history
- Discussing behavior goals
- A written behavior plan that outlines how to reach behavior goals and gives recommendations for any additional sessions needed
- Three months of ongoing support for questions related to your behavior plan
- $100 for an initial training consultation and written behavior plan
Private Training: Follow-up Coaching Sessions
Private training sessions serve as a follow-up after an initial consultation for dogs and owners who want continued support as they work towards training goals. The trainer, owner, and dog are present for coaching sessions.
- $80 for a 60 minute session
- $40 for a 30 minute session
Dog Play Consultation
Do you ever wonder if your dog’s play is normal? Are you unsure about what is “OK” and what is not? This consultation includes a review of your dog’s behavioral history followed by a 60 minute meeting that includes a doggy play date or dog park visit, resources about dog body language and play, a summary of your dog’s play style, and suggested training recommendations (if applicable).
- $85 for a 60 minute consultation plus behavior resources
Looking for the perfect addition to your family? Adoption advising can help you find the perfect fit! Advising can take place at your home, at a local animal rescue organization, or via phone.
- $80 for 60 minutes of advising
Introduction to BAT 2.0 Package
BAT 2.0 (Behavior Adjustment Training) is gentle, force-free training method that empowers dogs to communicate peacefully in their native “canine language” and make positive behavior choices. BAT 2.0 has many wonderful applications and can help dogs in many ways, including:
- Socializing puppies and adult dogs
- Facilitating safe on-leash greetings and walks
- Improving dog-dog social interaction skills
- Reducing frustration on leash
- Reducing fear and reactivity towards dogs, people, or other triggers
- Reducing aggression towards dogs, people, or other triggers
- Helping dogs with “stranger danger” inside and outside the home
Jen is a certified BAT instructor (CBATI) who loves teaching volunteers and clients how to help dogs using BAT.
BAT packages include a private tutoring session with Jen to learn BAT basics (both key concepts and hands-on skills); educational BAT materials; assistance and coaching before, during, and after BAT set-ups; optional membership in Seattle’s Eastside BAT Facebook Group for continued support; and optional video analysis/video support. A free BAT leash of your choice is also included in every package.
- $320 for 4 BAT sessions plus a free BAT leash
- $240 for 3 BAT sessions plus a free BAT leash
Canine Crash Course: Help for New Dog Owners
If you’ve never owned a dog before, or perhaps haven’t had one in the family for a while, this package is perfect to get you started! Get set up for success with a 60 minute home visit, puppy-proofing assistance, leash, clicker, treat pouch, and helpful resources geared towards your new family member.
A follow-up visit 3 weeks after your initial consultation will help you address any emerging behavior concerns with your new best friend. Phone/text/email support is included for 3 months.
- $200 for visits, supplies, resources, and support
Ready to set up your consultation and get started? Visit our Contact Page. We look forward to hearing from you!