Let Wiggles and Woofs Come to You!
With private training, Jen will meet with you and your dog at your home, a park, or another suitable location.
Effective Help for a Wide Variety of Canine Concerns
Jen has experience helping clients with a wide array of training and behavior issues, including:
- Reactivity (lunging, barking, or growling)
- Fear of the vet or groomers
- Discomfort with handling and grooming
- Overcoming fear of noises, people, places, or things
- Resource guarding
- Basic manners and foundation skills
- Socialization (for puppies and adults)
- Leash manners
- Recall (coming when called)
- Dog-dog introductions and interactions
Training Plans that are Easy to Understand
Recognizing that all humans and all dogs are individuals, Jen believes in customizing training plans to meet the needs of both people and their pets. Training plans are written in language that is easy to understand, and often include supplementary visuals and videos. Jen believes that the relationship between dog owners and trainers should be one of ongoing support. If questions arise, help is an email or phone call away.
Initial Behavior Consultation
An Initial Behavior Consultation is approximately 60 minutes in length and includes:
- Gathering information about your pet’s history
- Discussing behavior goals
- Getting started on training
- A written behavior plan that outlines how to reach behavior goals and gives recommendations for any additional sessions needed
- Three months of ongoing support for questions related to your behavior plan
- $120 for an initial training consultation with a brief written summary
- $30 fee for a detailed written behavior modification plan (ideal for dogs with behavior concerns such as aggression)
- Savings of $20 for Homeward Pet Adoption Center and Seattle Animal Shelter alumni
Private Training: Follow-up Coaching Sessions
Private training sessions serve as a follow-up after an initial consultation for dogs and owners who want continued support as they work towards training goals. The trainer, owner, and dog are present for coaching sessions.
- $80 for a 60 minute session
- $45 for a 30 minute session
Dog Play Consultation
Do you ever wonder if your dog’s play is normal? Are you unsure about what is “OK” and what is not? This consultation includes a review of your dog’s behavioral history followed by a 60 minute meeting that includes a doggy play date or dog park visit, resources about dog body language and play, a summary of your dog’s play style, and suggested training recommendations (if applicable).
- $90 for a 60 minute consultation plus behavior resources
Looking for the perfect addition to your family? Adoption advising can help you find the perfect fit! Advising can take place at your home, at a local animal rescue organization, or via phone.
- $40 for 30 minutes of advising
Introduction to BAT 2.0 Package
BAT 2.0 (Behavior Adjustment Training) is gentle, force-free training method that empowers dogs to communicate peacefully in their native “canine language” and make positive behavior choices.
BAT 2.0 has many wonderful applications and can help dogs in many ways, including:
- Socializing puppies and adult dogs
- Facilitating safe on-leash greetings and walks
- Improving dog-dog social interaction skills
- Reducing frustration on leash
- Reducing fear and reactivity towards dogs, people, or other triggers
- Reducing aggression towards dogs, people, or other triggers
- Helping dogs with “stranger danger” inside and outside the home
Jen is a certified BAT instructor (CBATI) who loves teaching clients how to help dogs using BAT 2.0.
BAT packages include a private tutoring session with Jen to learn BAT basics (both key concepts and hands-on skills); educational BAT materials; assistance and coaching before, during, and after BAT set-ups; optional membership in Seattle’s Eastside BAT Facebook Group for continued support; and optional video analysis/video support. A free BAT leash of your choice is also included in every package.
- $350 for 4 BAT sessions plus a BAT leash
- $270 for 3 BAT sessions plus a BAT leash
New Puppy Support Package
Puppies are adorable and wonderful! They also can be stressful! If you’ve never owned a puppy before, or perhaps haven’t had one for a while, this package is perfect to get you off to a great start! This package is appropriate for those bringing home puppies OR new adult dogs. It’s designed to give you plenty of support for the first few months as your new friend settles into your home, and help you with many of the most common challenges that new dog owners face.
Most behavior problems can be prevented by preparing BEFORE your new dog comes home. This package sets you up for success with the option of a consultation session that prepares you for your new dog before they arrive (currently, these sessions are being done virtually).
Since Jen has worked with puppy owners and adopters for years, she knows many of the most common questions and problems that new owners encounter. You also receive a “Puppy Quick Start Guide” designed to quickly answer all of the most common questions that new puppy owners have about house training, chewing, learning to be left alone, equipment that you will need, and more!
Have you already brought your new pup home, and you’re feeling a bit overwhelmed? No problem, your consultation session can be adapted to your current needs.
Phone/text/email support is included for 3 months.
- $120 for a 60 minute consultation session, Puppy Quick Start Guide, and 3 months of support
Ready to set up your consultation and get started? Visit our Contact Page. We look forward to hearing from you!